Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Consumption of Time. . .

Such a limited resource. . .although ultimately very unlimited as it always continues on and on.

I've been very busy and have been working nonstop for work and not for me. I just acquired another freelance project- a digital painting for a Spongebob game. So, yet another reason why I won't be able to do my own stuff :(

Shame on me- when I had time to be productive, I wasn't. . .but hey- we all need breaks right? Yeah, I needed a break and to take care of things.

I picked up the 2006 Writer's Market book so that I can try and get some writing published. There are so many things I want to do that I end up being scattered and not getting anything accomplished. . .so as long as I am working towards creative goals, then I am moving in the right direction.

So my one moment of sketching bliss was at lunch this week. Over the weekend I thought of an image with a three eyed frog. I don't know if this relates to my goal of trying to combine two very different interests in order to make my life more complete. On one hand, we have the art which seems all very self-serving to me. On the other hand, we have the desire to do something for the greater good- primarily something related to the environment and social change. So the only way I can see marrying the two is if I can do images that in someway move people or motivate people to change or think. . .so I thought about 3 eyed frogs. Why 3 eyed frogs? A la "The Triplets of Bellville"- Darwin, mutation, environmental contamination, etc.. . .and then my mind automatically went to the fastastical and in some way off topic, but also very on. A frog catching a little human "fly." Didn't get that far in my lunch sketch, but here it is. It definitely can be pushed. . .so I shall play with it more if I decide to settle on this.

1 comment:

Brian Growe said...

Woah freaky, is that an eye growing out of it's back? That reminds me of how scientists are using bald mice to grow human ears on. Well, if rats are good enough for human ears I suppose frogs can work for eyes too. Cool sketch!